
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's birthday began with police turning up at his home.
The former Duke of York has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, and was taken into custody early on Thursday (19 February) morning.
At least six vehicles believed to be unmarked cop cars swooped on his home on the Sandringham Estate, the BBC reported.
It is claimed that the swarm of officers were seen driving into Wood Farm at around 8am this morning - which just happens to be Andrew's 66th birthday.
Advert
Thames Valley police confirmed that a 'man in his sixties' was arrested in Norfolk, but the force said it would 'not be naming' who was taken into custody.
It comes as Andrew has been facing fresh scrutiny following the recent releases of files related to Jeffrey Epstein, which included images of him on all fours and kneeling over a woman.
He has always 'strongly denied' all allegations made against him.

The ex-prince left the Royal Lodge in Windsor earlier this month and moved to Sandringham, which is privately owned by his brother King Charles. The monarch is stumping up the costs for his little brother's new pad.
Details of Andrew's arrest
It was claimed that plain-clothed officers were seen walking into the property early on Thursday. It then emerged that Andrew has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
In a statement, Thames Valley police said: "As part of the investigation, we have today arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk. The man remains in police custody at this time.
"We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court."
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright added: "Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.
“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time."

The force previously announced it was reviewing allegations that a woman was trafficked to the UK by Epstein to have a sexual encounter with Andrew, as well as claims that he shared sensitive information with the paedophile while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.
What sentence does misconduct in public office carry?
According to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), misconduct in public office is a common law offence that carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.
It explains: "The offence concerns serious wilful abuse or neglect of the power or responsibilities of the public office held. There must be a direct link between the misconduct and an abuse of those powers or responsibilities.
"The Court of Appeal has made it clear that the offence should be strictly confined, and it can raise complex and sometimes sensitive issues."
The royal family's previous statements on Andrew
Earlier this month, King Charles issued a statement highlighting his 'profound concern' about allegations made against Andrew amid his previous involvement with Epstein.
It read: "The King has made clear, in words and through unprecedented actions, his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct.
“While the specific claims in question are for Mr Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if we are approached by Thames Valley Police we stand ready to support them as you would expect.
“As was previously stated, Their Majesties’ thoughts and sympathies have been, and remain with, the victims of any and all forms of abuse."

Prince William and Princess Kate also released a brief statement, saying they were 'deeply concerned by the continuing revelations'.
"Their thoughts remain focused on the victims," it added.
Andrew's bombshell arrest comes after the Prime Minister urged Andrew to speak to the authorities in the UK and US about the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.
Sir Keir Starmer told BBC Breakfast that 'anybody who has any information should testify', including the royal.
"Whether it’s Andrew or anybody else, anybody who has got relevant information should come forward to whatever the relevant body is, in this particular case we’re talking about Epstein, but there are plenty of other cases," he said.
"Anybody who has got information relating to any aspect of violence against women and girls has, in my view, a duty to come forward, whoever they are.
"One of the core principles in our system is that everybody is equal under the law, and nobody is above the law, and it is really important that is applied across the board.
"That is the principle. It’s a long-standing principle, it’s a very important principle of our country, our society, and it applies, and it has to apply in this case, in the same way as it would apply in any other case."
LADbible has contacted representatives for Andrew and Buckingham Palace for comment.
Topics: Prince Andrew, Royal Family, UK News, Jeffrey Epstein