ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Boris Johnson's wife Carrie recalls moment she was drugged by 'black cab rapist' John Worboys
Home>News>Crime
Published 20:56 21 May 2026 GMT+1

Boris Johnson's wife Carrie recalls moment she was drugged by 'black cab rapist' John Worboys

Carrie Johnson said many women might not realise they had been drugged by John Worboys

Matthew Hancock-Bruce

Matthew Hancock-Bruce

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Carrie Johnson has detailed her terrifying encounter with a man known as the ‘black cab rapist’.

The wife of former prime minister Boris Johnson warned that there could be ‘up to 1,000, if not more’ victims of John Worboys.

Currently serving a life sentence, the serial rapist was imprisoned in 2009 for a string of sexual offences he committed by luring women into his taxi late at night under the pretence that he had won a large sum of money.

He would offer a celebratory drink laced with drugs such as temazepam and nytol, incapacitating the victims and leaving them unable to remember the assaults he carried out.

Advert

Johnson spoke to Good Morning Britain yesterday (20 May) about her own experience of Worboys, fearing that there may be many more victims than previously thought.

She said: “The truth is that his crimes span from, what we know, from 2000 up to when he was convicted in 2009.

Carrie Johnson was drugged by 'black cab rapist' John Worboys (ITV)
Carrie Johnson was drugged by 'black cab rapist' John Worboys (ITV)

"And he was a cab driver for that duration, out potentially every night in his cab, so there could be up to 1,000 if not more than that."

Johnson continued: "I think there'll be women who, like me, were drugged, who might not realise they were drugged, who just thought, 'God, maybe that last drink didn't sit well with me', or now maybe they've seen what's happened and they think, 'Oh well, it's done'.

"I would urge them to come forward if they can."

Worboys is currently serving life in prison (PA)
Worboys is currently serving life in prison (PA)

Johnson was a student when she came face-to-face with Worboys, who offered her a cab ride home following a night out in Chelsea in west London, despite her not having enough money to pay.

Claiming to have won big at the casino, Worboys offered Johnson, then 19, a drink, which she drank a small amount of before he eventually took her home.

It was only minutes after she got into her house that she became unwell and started vomiting.

Carrie Johnson has said there could be "up to 1,000, if not more" John Worboys victims, as she said she has been contacted by people who believe they were assaulted by the serial rapist.

Speaking to Good Morning Britain, Johnson, the wife of former Prime Minister Boris Johnson,… pic.twitter.com/NRtp7NNQWR

— Good Morning Britain (@GMB) May 20, 2026

Thankfully, she had taken Worboys’ phone number when she got out of the taxi, which she later used as evidence against him in court.

Worboys' crimes were put back in the spotlight recently with the broadcast of Believe Me, a four-part miniseries which aired on ITV earlier this month.

The show focused on two of his victims, given the pseudonyms Sarah and Laila, who brought the Metropolitan Police to court in a landmark legal case over its handling of the investigation.

Johnson is hoping the series will raise further awareness of Worboys' despicable actions, adding that 'more women are now coming forward' as a result of the broadcast.

"This might really help keep him behind bars for good," she added.

Just days after the first episode of Believe Me was released on Sunday (10 May), it was confirmed that Worboys, now known as John Radford, would not be given an early release.

Worboys' crimes were recently brought back into the spotlight thanks to the ITV miniseries, Believe Me (ITV)
Worboys' crimes were recently brought back into the spotlight thanks to the ITV miniseries, Believe Me (ITV)

Worboys was first convicted in 2009 of 19 sexual offences linked to attacks on 12 women between October 2006 and February 2008, given an indefinite sentence with a minimum term of eight years.

Then, in 2019, he was sentenced to life with a minimum term of six years after more victims came forward about crimes that took place in the aforementioned period.

The parole hearing on Thursday (14 May) was held behind closed doors, despite it having previously been ruled that it would be made public.

Parole papers said the 68-year-old 'accepts he does not currently meet the test for release', explaining that he did not wish to make a 'premature' application to be released, meaning the matter could be handled via paper review.

While acknowledging that he 'continues to represent a high risk of committing further serious sexual offences upon women', the parole board added that Worboys claims to feel 'enormous regret, remorse and shame'.

However, Johnson is not convinced, telling GMB: "I don't believe it. No, I don't believe in the last couple of years that he has had a personality transplant."

Taking to X following the news of Worboys' parole decision, Johnson posted: "It has been a hugely anxious wait knowing that Worboys was up for parole again.

"The relief I feel knowing that he will remain behind bars is hard to put into words. Women and girls across Britain are safer as a result of this decision."

Featured Image Credit: ITV

Topics: Crime, UK News, ITV

Matthew Hancock-Bruce
Matthew Hancock-Bruce

Recommended reads

Parents who abandoned children 'blindfolded in woods' heard opera singing in first court appearanceFILIPE AMORIM / AFP via Getty ImagesKatie Price’s husband Lee Andrews 'locked up in Dubai prison' after vanishing 11 days agoKatie Price/InstagramStranger Things stars address Conformity Gate theory over 'secret final episode'Matt Winkelmeyer/WireImageMaldives rescue diver explains what could be responsible for death of Italian diversInstagram/Dan Europe

Advert

Choose your content:

20 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • FILIPE AMORIM / AFP via Getty Images
    20 mins ago

    Parents who abandoned children 'blindfolded in woods' heard opera singing in first court appearance

    Mum Marine Rousseau is said to have made the outburst while appearing in front of a judge on Friday

    News
  • Instagram/Dan Europe
    an hour ago

    Maldives rescue diver explains what could be responsible for death of Italian divers

    The specialist diver has claimed that the Italians' equipment they found was 'not optimal' for the Maldives cave

    News
  • US Department of Defense
    an hour ago

    Pentagon releases 50 new UFO videos with 'orbs swarming in all directions'

    The Pentagon released a second batch of videos of unidentified flying objects

    News
  • Netflix
    2 hours ago

    Kim Kardashian 'responds' as Mackenzie Shirilla asks for reality star to be her lawyer

    The inmate previously voiced her desire for the reality star to help with her case

    News
  • 'Black cab rapist' who may have attacked 100 women would tell his victims he'd won the lottery
  • Police officer recalls moment he was shot and blinded by one of Britain's most evil killers
  • Woman who spent years thinking she was paedophile due to health condition shares earliest signs she noticed
  • CSI Miami star Eva LaRue recalls moment she went 'white as a sheet' half-way through 12-year stalking ordeal