ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Family pay tribute to girl, 9, killed in Southport stabbings
Home>News
Updated 14:45 30 Jul 2024 GMT+1Published 14:20 30 Jul 2024 GMT+1

Family pay tribute to girl, 9, killed in Southport stabbings

The third child victim in the attack has been named as her family pay tribute

Lucy Devine

Lucy Devine

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The third victim in the horrific attack in Southport has been named as her family pay tribute to their 'princess'.

The nine-year-old child has been named as Alice Aguiar, from Portugal, who had been attending a Taylor Swift-themed holiday class at a dance studio on Monday (29 July) when the attack took place.

The third victim has been named as Alice Aguiar (GoFundMe)
The third victim has been named as Alice Aguiar (GoFundMe)

A translated statement on Facebook from relative Carina Aguiar - who is believed to be Alice's auntie - reads: "Princess Alice. In this moment of great pain... it hurts the body... it hurts the mind. A lump in the throat.

Advert

"You were just an innocent child, a happy little girl, smiling, who had a funny life ahead.

"Which despicable being took... no pain, no mercy... without any reason at all.

"Fly high little star... love you."

A GoFundMe page has also been set up for the family, created by colleagues of Alice's mother.

"We at Benridge Care Homes and Good Companions, have been completely stunned by the tragic loss of Alice, following the horrific events that took place in Southport yesterday. We can't even begin to imagine how the family feel," the page reads.

"Alice is the daughter of one of our team here & she has been a part of the Good Companions family since she was a baby, joining in with many of our activities & events with our families & staff.

"Benridge Care Group would like to help support the family, so we kindly request donations towards costs that the family will be faced with."

The children were attending a Taylor Swift-themed class when the attack took place (Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)
The children were attending a Taylor Swift-themed class when the attack took place (Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)

Meanwhile, Portuguese officials have said, as per LBC: "Portugal’s Consul General in Manchester is assisting the family, having spoken to her parents, and is continuing to offer them all the support they need."

Five other children remain in a critical condition, as well as two adults who were also present.

Tragically, two other children were also killed in the attack.

It is reported that the children were attending a Taylor Swift-themed dance class at the time of the incident.

While it is not being treated as terror-related, police have said the motive behind the heinous act is currently unclear.

Merseyside Police declared a major incident after the attack, with armed response, 13 ambulances and the fire service called out to the scene, believed to be a holiday club for children aged six to 11.

The tragic incident took place on Monday, 29 July (Paul McMullin/Getty Images)
The tragic incident took place on Monday, 29 July (Paul McMullin/Getty Images)

Merseyside Police Chief Constable Serena Kennedy said: “When they arrived, they were shocked to find that multiple people, many of whom were children, had been subjected to a ferocious attack and had suffered serious injuries.

“It is understood the children were attending a Taylor Swift event at a dance school when the offender armed with a knife walked into the premises and started to attack the children inside.

“As a mum of two daughters, and the nanna of a five-year-old grand-daughter, I cannot begin to imagine the pain and suffering the families of the victims are currently going through, and I want to send them our heartfelt condolences and sympathies.”

Featured Image Credit: GoFundMe/Facebook

Topics: UK News, News

Lucy Devine
Lucy Devine

Recommended reads

GTA 6 release date officially confirmed in latest update from Take-TwoRockstar‘Chia seed challenge' comes with serious warning as expert wants against ‘internal cleanse’Getty Stock ImageBoris Johnson's wife Carrie recalls moment she was drugged by 'black cab rapist' John WorboysITVMan jailed for Charlie Kirk Facebook meme wins $835,000 settlementWSMV 4

Advert

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • ITV
    3 hours ago

    Boris Johnson's wife Carrie recalls moment she was drugged by 'black cab rapist' John Worboys

    Carrie Johnson said many women might not realise they had been drugged by John Worboys

    News
  • WSMV 4
    3 hours ago

    Man jailed for Charlie Kirk Facebook meme wins $835,000 settlement

    Larry Bushart spent 37 days in jail for sharing memes about Charlie Kirk

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    4 hours ago

    Ozempic and Mounjaro users risk £1,000 fine if driving while taking GLP-1 medicines

    A pharmacist says drivers using GLP-1 drugs might need to declare certain side effects to the DVLA

    News
  • Netflix
    4 hours ago

    Secret language Mackenzie Shirilla used with mum during police interview in alarming footage

    Cops later worked out what the killer driver had been saying to her mother Natalie

    News
  • Father pays heartbreaking tribute as three sisters identified in Brighton beach tragedy
  • 'Innocent' man ordered to pay Kim Kardashian $167,000 in legal fees
  • Brit who 'married 9-year-old girl' in Disneyland stunt revealed as convicted pedophile
  • Agency responds over Brit's 'fake Disneyland wedding to girl, 9,' after casting for 'guests' to attend