ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Jay Slater injuries are compatible with accidental fall, authorities confirm
Home>News>UK News
Updated 14:35 16 Jul 2024 GMT+1Published 14:28 16 Jul 2024 GMT+1

Jay Slater injuries are compatible with accidental fall, authorities confirm

Authorities have confirmed that the injuries on his body fit with the theory of an accidental fall

Joshua Nair

Joshua Nair

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Spanish authorities have confirmed that injuries Jay Slater sustained are compatible with an accidental fall.

Court officials confirmed earlier today (16 July) that the body found in the search for Jay Slater on Monday (15 July) is that of missing British teenager Jay Slater.

The 19-year-old first went missing on 17 June, after heading to the Airbnb of some people he just met the previous night while partying on the island of Tenerife.

He was last heard from that morning when he called a friend and told her that his phone was almost dead and that he 'needed a drink' after setting off on the 11-hour trek.

Advert

It has been confirmed that Jay Slater's body has been found. (Family Handout)
It has been confirmed that Jay Slater's body has been found. (Family Handout)

Charity LBT Global revealed that his remains were found with his clothes and possessions near his last known location on Monday.

According to LBC, a female investigating judge previously explained: “In reference to the British citizen Jay Slater, the autopsy with the full identification of the body and the causes of death will take time, because the body was very deteriorated.

“But there is very little doubt about both the identity and the etiology.

"The documentation he was carrying corresponds to that of Jay Slater and everything is pointing to an accidental fall, although that is unofficial pending the final reports."

Confirmation then followed from Spanish authorities that the fingerprints examined in the post-mortem belonged to Jay, and a court spokesperson added that his injuries sustained were compatible with an accidental fall from a cliff.

The court spokesperson revealed: "We have a positive ID... Fingerprinting confirms that the body belongs to Jay Slater and the death was due to multiple traumas compatible with a fall in the mountainous area."

The body was found in a remote area of the Spanish island yesterday morning by a Civil Guard mountain rescue group.

The confirmation of his death has been heartbreaking to those close to Jay. (Family Handout)
The confirmation of his death has been heartbreaking to those close to Jay. (Family Handout)

His mother, Debbie Duncan, released a statement today, saying that this tragic development is the 'worst news'.

In a statement released via LBT Global she said: "I just can’t believe it – we’re here with the embassy staff waiting for an update and now it’s come – the worst news.

"I just can’t believe this could happen to my beautiful boy. Our hearts are broken."

Jay Slater's disappearance: Timeline of key moments

Sunday 16 June

Jay attends the New Rave Generation music festival with friends at Papagayo nightclub in the tourist resort of Playa de las Americas in the south of the island.

Monday 17 June

In the early hours of Monday, Jay goes to stay in an apartment in the north of the island with people he had met over the course of the night.

7.30am

Jay posts a picture on Snapchat from the doorway of the property he stayed at overnight, tagged as being in Rural de Teno park.

8.30am

He calls his friend, Lucy Law, telling her he had attempted to walk back to his accommodation after missing his bus – a journey that would take more than ten hours.

He said he had 'cut his leg' on a cactus and had 'no idea where he was'. He also said his phone was on one percent battery. His last known location is Rural de Teno park.

9.04am

He is reported missing.

Tuesday 18 June

After friends spend the previous day searching to no avail, local police and mountain rescue teams scour Rural de Teno park for Jay.

His family fly out to Tenerife to join the search.

Wednesday 19 June

The search is temporarily moved to the Los Cristianos area in the south of the island due to a potential lead, but this amounts to nothing and the search returns north.

Jay’s mum Debbie Duncan says she fears her son had 'been taken against his will'.

Sunday 23 June

TV detective Mark Williams-Thomas offers his team's expertise in the search for Jay. He writes on X: "If [Jay's family] give me total access and with feet on the ground I will very quickly be able to say if his disappearance is him alone or if it has third party involvement."

Sunday 30 June

The Tenerife Civil Guard announce they are ending the search for Jay after 13 days, but the investigation remains open and they will follow up any new leads. Jay's family vow to continue the search themselves.

Monday 15 July

Police announce that human remains of a 'young man' have been found.

Tuesday 16 July

The body found is confirmed to be Jay Slater following an autopsy by Spanish authorities.

Featured Image Credit: Family Handout / Sky News

Topics: Jay Slater, UK News, World News

Joshua Nair
Joshua Nair

Joshua Nair is a journalist at LADbible. Born in Malaysia and raised in Dubai, he has always been interested in writing about a range of subjects, from sports to trending pop culture news. After graduating from Oxford Brookes University with a BA in Media, Journalism and Publishing, he got a job freelance writing for SPORTbible while working in marketing before landing a full-time role at LADbible. Unfortunately, he's unhealthily obsessed with Manchester United, which takes its toll on his mental and physical health. Daily.

X

@joshnair10

Recommended reads

Harry Maguire left out of England World Cup squad in shock omissionPhoto by Alex Grimm/Getty ImagesEnhanced Games 100m winner will make five times more than Olympic championsYouTube/Enhanced GamesParis Fury defends daughter Venezuela and new husband after nasty backlash onlineParis Fury/TikTokReason The Boys actress Dominique McElligot disappeared from HollywoodPrime Video

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Photo by Alex Grimm/Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Harry Maguire left out of England World Cup squad in shock omission

    Maguire has spoken out in a statement to say he is 'shocked and gutted'

    News
  • YouTube/Enhanced Games
    2 hours ago

    Enhanced Games 100m winner will make five times more than Olympic champions

    There's an even bigger bonus if they manage to beat a world record as well

    News
  • Instagram
    3 hours ago

    FDA rule that means Enhanced Games athletes can still be disqualified for doping

    There are still some strict rules to follow

    News
  • Facebook/DAN Europe
    5 hours ago

    Harrowing four-word message written in chalk sparked 'shark cave' rescue mission for divers

    All the bodies of those who drowned have now been recovered

    News
  • Man who was last person to see Jay Slater alive reveals what happened before he went missing
  • Man whose Airbnb Jay Slater stayed at before going missing speaks out on what happened that night
  • Worrying final texts Jay Slater sent friends as he went missing as final inquest continues
  • Jay Slater's family to make Channel 4 documentary as they seek one final answer