ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Jay Slater's mum issues update on what £48k GoFundMe donations will be used for after police search called off
Home>News>UK News
Published 17:09 3 Jul 2024 GMT+1

Jay Slater's mum issues update on what £48k GoFundMe donations will be used for after police search called off

Police called off the search for missing teen Jay Slater after 12 days

Britt Jones

Britt Jones

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The mum of missing Brit Jay Slater has issued an update on what the family plans to do with the money raised on GoFundMe following the news police have called off the land search for the teen.

After extensive searches were carried out since the 19-year-old went missing on June 17, Spanish officials announced they'd called off the search operation on Sunday (30 June), with the investigation into his disappearance remaining open.

The teen, who was last seen in Tenerife after flying out to attend the NRG Festival alongside friend Lucy Mae and others, is believed to have stayed with strangers he'd met whose accommodation was 10 hours away from his apartment.

Missing teen Jay Slater has still not been found. (Family Handout)
Missing teen Jay Slater has still not been found. (Family Handout)

Advert

Stuck in the mountains with only one percent battery, Jay is said to have called Lucy, telling her that 'he was lost in the mountains, he wasn’t aware of his surroundings, he desperately needed a drink and his phone was on one percent' before sending her his location and never being heard from again.

With the Lucy having set up a GoFundMe page for Jay and his family which is currently at £48k, people have been wondering what the family are going to use the money for.

Now, Jay's mum Debbie has provided the answers via an update on the page.

The distraught mum wrote: “Hi again everyone. Your generosity has been vast, and we are so grateful for all of your support and kindness during this unimaginable time for our family.

Police have called off the search. (Snapchat/Jay Slater)
Police have called off the search. (Snapchat/Jay Slater)

“As I said in my official statement, the Spanish police conducted a land search for 12 days which involved every resource they had available. Although the land search ended, the Spanish police still continue with their investigations into why Jay had travelled to the location so far away from his accommodation.

"We offer our sincere thanks to the Spanish authorities, who continue to follow lines of inquiries.”

However, she went on to express her future plans which aim to bring Jay back home at any cost.

She continued: “In the meantime, we will continue to use part of the funds to support the volunteers working hard in the mountains to find Jay.

“We are currently looking after Paul Arnett, putting together a package of any equipment and essentials he needs and going up to do a drop for him.

His mum confirmed what they'll do with the money. (Family handout)
His mum confirmed what they'll do with the money. (Family handout)

“We are also supporting Callum Fahim and his group with accommodation and other essentials.”

She continued: “The remaining funds will continue to be used to support the rescue teams who are tirelessly searching for Jay as well as our own expenses as we remain in Tenerife looking for our boy.

“We will continue to keep you all updated on the progress on our GoFundMe page, and we thank you for your continued support. Please keep sharing and supporting our fundraiser to help us bring Jay home.”

Featured Image Credit: ITV/Family Handout

Topics: Jay Slater, UK News, GoFundMe

Britt Jones
Britt Jones

Recommended reads

Woman with vagina in 'world's top 1%' doing $2m a year experiment avoids tampons 'at all costs'Kate ToloMan who ran 10,000 miles and completed 109,600 push-ups, sit-ups, and squats shows off insane transformationXEasyJet raises ticket prices due to fuel crisis as company loses £550mMassimo Insabato/Archivio Massimo Insabato/Mondadori Portfolio via Getty ImagesChilling new theory emerges about how five divers died inside ‘shark cave’YouTube

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
15 hours ago
17 hours ago
19 hours ago
  • YouTube
    2 hours ago

    Chilling new theory emerges about how five divers died inside ‘shark cave’

    The group failed to resurface from the 'challenging' underwater expedition they embarked on last Thursday

    News
  • Grapevine Police
    15 hours ago

    Embarrassing moment Elon Musk's Tesla cybertruck tries new 'wade mode' in lake

    A man has been arrested after being accused of intentionally driving a cybertruck into a lake

    News
  • FIND KIELY
    17 hours ago

    YouTuber ordered to pay $17.5 million to dad of teenager after spreading lie about her death

    A jury reached the verdict that the YouTuber should have to pay millions

    News
  • MIKE PERSSON / AFP via Getty Images
    19 hours ago

    Two 'people hunters' under investigation over alleged sniper safaris that killed women and children

    Several journalists have now dropped bombshell claims about the alleged war crimes

    News
  • Jay Slater's mum slams 'sick' video posted by one of the last men to see him alive
  • Jay Slater’s death ruled an accident as mum says 'lives will never be the same'
  • Jay Slater's mum issues new statement on £30k GoFundMe donations after questions over money
  • Jay Slater’s body was found ‘mummified’ after dying of ‘severe, traumatic brain injury’, inquest finds