ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Donald Trump Insists He’s Not Going Back On Twitter After Elon Musk Buys The Whole Company
Home>News
Updated 13:41 5 May 2022 GMT+1Published 22:12 25 Apr 2022 GMT+1

Donald Trump Insists He’s Not Going Back On Twitter After Elon Musk Buys The Whole Company

The former US President said he will stick to TRUTH Social, a platform launched by Trump's tech division after he was axed from Twitter.

Rachel Lang

Rachel Lang

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Donald Trump has revealed he will not return to his old favourite social media platform after Elon Musk's bid to buy Twitter was approve.

Speaking to Fox News, the former US President said he will instead use his own social media platform, TRUTH Social, and is planning to start 'TRUTHing' in the next week.

"I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on TRUTH," Trump told Fox News.

"We’re taking in millions of people, and what we’re finding is that the response on TRUTH is much better than being on Twitter."

Advert

Trump was banned from Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat in the wake of the 2021 Capitol riots.

Twitter has been purchased by Elon Musk.
pumkinpie / Alamy Stock Photo.

At the time, Twitter deemed a number of his tweets as inflammatory and warned of 'the risk of further incitement of violence' before booting the zany former leader from their platform for good.

TRUTH Social, run by the Trump Media & Technology Group, formally launched last month.

Trump told Fox News TRUTH Social has been established for all, but he will use it to share his own opinions and those of this supporters.

"This is a platform for my voice," Trump told Fox. "But I want everybody to come over to TRUTH—conservatives, liberals, whatever."

Trump then took aim at Twitter, claiming the social media giant is 'very boring because conservatives were thrown off or got off the platform' when he was booted.

"It became boring because there was no interaction," Trump said. "The interaction on TRUTH has been amazing. We want everybody." 

The ex-US President said Musk's takeover of Twitter would be a good thing for the social media platform, but does not view it as a threat for TRUTH Social.

"I think it is good. We want liberty and justice and fairness in our country, and the more we can have open, the better," Trump said.

I hope that even my worst critics remain on Twitter, because that is what free speech means

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 25, 2022

"But no, I don’t view that as a competition for what I am doing." 

Trump's comments come as Twitter has entered into a 'definitive agreement' to be bought by Elon Musk for $59 billion (£33.3bn).

In the statement announcing the agreement, Musk said: "Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated.

"I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans.

"Twitter has tremendous potential – I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it."

Featured Image Credit: The Photo Access / Alamy Stock Photo. Bob Daemmrich / Alamy Stock Photo.

Topics: Elon Musk, Donald Trump, Twitter

Rachel Lang
Rachel Lang

Rachel Lang is a Digital Journalist at LADbible. During her career, she has interviewed Aussie PM Malcolm Turnbull in the lead up to the 2016 federal election, ran an editorial campaign on the war in Yemen, and reported on homelessness in the lead-up to Harry and Meghan’s wedding in Windsor. She also once wrote a yarn on the cheese and wine version of Fyre Festival.

X

@rlangjournalist

Recommended reads

Jon Bernthal's 11-year-old daughter's pay cheque for The Punisher has been revealedJamie McCarthy/Getty ImagesDoctor explains why everyone should be drinking milk in heatwave as temperatures soar above 30 degreesGetty Stock PhotoGemma Collins shows off incredible body transformation after shedding 3.5 stone with weight loss jabsGemma Collins/InstagramKiller sends harrowing message to victims' family after murdering mechanic over $500Fox 26 Houston

Advert

  • Elon Musk issues most damning statement yet against Donald Trump being elected US President
  • Elon Musk quits role in Donald Trump's administration and reveals future of Doge
  • Donald Trump says relationship with Elon Musk is over as president warns him of 'very serious consequences'
  • Donald Trump fires brutal ‘derangement’ shot at Elon Musk following social media feud

Choose your content:

11 hours ago
12 hours ago
13 hours ago
  • Getty Stock Photo
    11 hours ago

    Doctor explains why everyone should be drinking milk in heatwave as temperatures soar above 30 degrees

    Temperatures are soaring to 33 degrees celsius in the UK this week

    News
  • Fox 26 Houston
    11 hours ago

    Killer sends harrowing message to victims' family after murdering mechanic over $500

    Luis Casillas, 29, begged for his life before being forced to his knees and fatally shot

    News
  • SWNS
    12 hours ago

    Man in £80,000 of debt after harrowing cocaine addiction explains what finally made him quit

    At his worst, Alex Powell was spending £600 a day on drugs

    News
  • Sean Gardner/Getty Images
    13 hours ago

    Kyle Busch's 11-year-old son pays heartbreaking tribute as RCR reveals plan for dad's No.8 car

    The racing star sadly passed away after experiencing a 'severe illness'

    News